So today was shopping day number two. We went around looking for nice pants for work. As most of the things in Italy fashion has really no rules. So I had to try on a billion pair of pants since size is really just a vague indication. The reason is that they are cut differently so same size can be different. Going to shot with my mamma is really all about getting perfection so if something doesn't really fit perfectly it's no good. In our roaming around the city we went through the station and if you spent a vacation in Italy you know that trains are the way to get around here. I missed stations because are full of interesting colorful people. People going places, moving and having lots of fun. You can see all sorts of people from the attorney going to Rome with the expensive bullet train to the weirdo beggar with tattoos and piercing. It is a world snapshot, specially in Firenze where pretty much 99% of the world is represented. It reminded me of my mission and the long hours spent in the station during transfers day, and literally days in the station during scopero. Who served in Italy know what I am talking about. Even if it's a pain in your butt thinking back even sciopero makes you smile and think that is just one of the many screw up things that makes this country so beautiful. I firmly believe that only if you really LOVE Italy you can handle it. The longer I spend in the US the more I realize how messed up is this place and how much I love it for that same reason.

For this reason I felt the need to take a picture of the station or at least to post one since I took few others.
For lunch we went right downtown in one of those streets were probably two bikes and few people walking make a crowd. We went to eat something that is really something only here you can find I am sure lots of you reading are going to be disgusted so if you are afraid just stop reading. We found this place where they make LAMPREDOTTO which is a sandwich made with cow stomach. If you have a hard time believing me I took a picture of the menu for you like St. Tomas that if you don't see won't believe.
Here is the menu.

Now that you have been disgusted I'll tell you that it actually taste pretty good. It is not my favorite thing in the whole world but if you have the guts to eat guts then you should try.
For all of you with a sweet tooth I'll add that we mad Tiramisu' (Mormon version of course) and that it was quite amazing if I can say that myself. I helped my mamma in the making. I elect myself quality control officer so I had to try a sample of the custard every now and then to ensure quality through out the process.

Down here is the finished product.

Even if I am conscious that it is really impossible to make this deliciousness in the US I am going to give the recipe:
Mascarpone cheese around 300 grams
1 egg yock for each 100 grams
and 1 table spoon of sugar for each egg.
bit the egg whites in a separate container. Then bit the egg yoke with the sugar and then add the mascarpone trying to incorporate air with you are mixing the two things. If you don't know how to do that probably this recipe is too hard for you, or blame it on me that I don't know how to explain it :D:D:D:D.
Add the egg white previously bitten, always incorporating air. Dip Lady's finger ( a kind of Cooke not really fingers) in chocolate milk. Then apply a layer of cookies and a layer of custard starting usually with the cookies. Repeats until you are out of one of the two remembering that the top layer should be custard. Grate chocolate on top, serve cold.
So now you see how cool is this blog and you can tell your friends.
1 comment:
andrea, i do have to say thank you to your mother for dressing you so well. you always look great! thanks mama santurro!
now about the recipe. maybe we should make it together when you get back. how about on the 31st??
Post a Comment