Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Low Key

Today has been a low key day, lost of rest and not too stress. I went around running errands in the morning and I went to get an hair cut. It was really funny because I went to the place close to my house that they opened probably last year. My mom goes always there so they kind of know her. While I was talking there she call them to tell them that I was getting there and to reserve a spot. You need to know that Italian mothers are very protective, so then I got there the guy was kind of surprised and told me: I thought you were younger. I can only imagine what she must have said to him. I really don't think to be normal to have a mother calling the barber telling them you are coming when you are thirty. What can I do? I am here just 20 days every year and a half so I just need to let her do what she want :D:D:D:D. I guess the guys at the barber shop think I am a retard :D:D:D. Probably my mom told him something like: my kid is coming :D:D so the guys was waiting a 10 year old. :D:D
In the afternoon I went to the hospital with la mamma since she had to do some exams. It took forever in the hospital but then since I have been a really good son we went to get gelato. I don't know if you realized but I am dong pretty well with my one gelato a day. Today I got Nocciola and Fior di latte e Nutella. Divine!!! Suggestion: if you need to judge a gelato place just try basic flavours like chocolate, vanilla, hazelnut (nocciola) if those taste the way they are supposed to then you can be pretty sure that they know what they are doing. Anyway do you see that cone? probably 2 bucks, mhhhhhhh money well spent!!!

After the gelato we went to the COOP. It is the best grocery store in the whole world. I say that just because I grow up with their stuff I bet everybody has its favorite. Anyway I took a picture of the delli section, it almost gave me man tears! Have you ever see so many Prosciuttos and other stuff all together? If you don't feel warm and fuzzy inside that means you never had good stuff in your life and I feel sorry for you :D:D:D:D. On our way to the cashier I saw Almut favorite chocolate Ritter sport (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ritter_Sport) , so if you want to woo her just send her that chocolate specially the one with wafer on one side and chocolate on the other. While we were waiting in line we saw a very funny thing. In Italy when you buy fruits and vegetable, you weigh them and you select the kind on the electronic scale and the scale prints you the amount. This leave lots of room for dishonesty but normal and decent people (the majority) do not cheat while weighing. I guess some people have the habit to make "mistakes" :D:D:D so this guy from the store checked if this person have been dishonest and of course the buyer was found lacking of integrity and of weighing capability so to speack. The grocery store guys kept saying out loud: I don't want to see you here anymore, and the other guys payed like anything was happening. It was too funny counting that the store is huge like Albersons or Safeway and tons of people were looking. After grocery shopping we went to eat at my uncle and aunt house. Too funny! I love them. We eat so much I still have my belly fool after several hours. We got some really good pastry I didn't posted the picture this time since Peter told me that he had a hard time sleeping for couple of nights thinking about the one that I poster the first day.



2 comments:

Erica said...

all these gelato pictures is making me salivate!

Almut said...

HAHAHAHA Andrea I only *just* now realized that I am forever immortalized in your blog as the Lover of Ritter Sport chocolate. lol, love it! It IS the best though!!! Knusperkecks. mmmmmm.