Friday, May 4, 2007

First day in Florence

So this is Beef shank. Super good. It might sound nasty but it taste very delicious. We went to this Restaurant called 13 Gobbis. The first owner won il TOTOCALCIO which is a game of chance. You try to guess the results of the 13 soccer games that every Sundays are plaid. If you win you get tons of money. So this guy won and he called the restaurant with the number 13.



Katy with a bowl of Maccheroni con mozzarella e sugo di pomodoro. Super good.

The three EURO Girls. Kathy and the euro girls have been traveling together around Europe for at least 15 years. The have seen more stuff than most of the people in Europe. They have many funny stories.


Italian sky for your clouds collection.



Picture with the American mamma and with the Italian mamma, sul ponte vecchio.




Il Ponte vecchio with all the jewelry shops, that place with all its gold is worth millions. The shops on the bridge are awesome and there are some really cool second story houses. I really don't know if people live there but I would like to have one of those I would party all day and night with friends there. I would put a BBQ on the balcony and live the good life!!!

Looking south from il Ponte Vecchio on the left you can see a tiny piece of the Uffizzi gallery, and on the center/right where all the trees are you can see Piazzale Michelangelo, awesome view of the city.

La mamma


The Euro Girls with la mamma in the Palazzo Pitti


La grotta del Buon Talenti. For all of you that want to learn a bit of Italian, GROTTO is the Americanize version of the real word grotta, so now you know the truth. There is this place in San Francisco that is called Pompei's grotto. First of all it should be grotta and then as it was confirmed by Stephanie there is no grotta in Pompei anyway. There you go Steph now the whole world knows the truth!


Famous Fat man on the turtle, I mean I cool is that


Il giardino di Boboli. Those are the gardend of Palazzo Pitti, they are awesome and used to be a great place to go when you decided to skip school for a day or two, and an awesome make out place, but I wouldn't know because I have never ditch school.

Palazzo vecchio or at least the tower. Old residence of the Lords of Florence that then decide to move the Palazzo Pitti with the make out gardens. Good choice!

Following up on the personal goal of on cone a day, Day 1 Nutella and chocolate chip. It is the most divine thing in the whole world if you haven't tried you are missing out. And for all of you out there that think that Ben and Jerry can compete you are either crazy of your taste is a little waked.

In front of the Duomo. I love this place it is probably the central point of the whole city. Everything revolves around the Duomo. It is just magnificent!

La cupola del Brunelleschi. I Duomo, it is one of the best place in Florence. I love to climb up there it is an awesome walk. The fresco inside are gorgeous and the view from outhere is amazing. Other good spot for when you ditch school.

The door of the baptistery. It has different story from the bible, really cool. Don't let you fool it is just a fake. The real one is in a Museum, but the fake is pretty good and most people don't even know that they are looking at an imitation.

And this is how my first day in Italy started. Pastry!!! It just makes me feel the spirit looking at these beauties, eating them it is an even more powerful experience. I mean that if you haven't tried nothing like it you probably will have a hard time to imagine how good they are. It is worth the $1000 for the trip.


2 comments:

Steph said...

can you somehow package that nutella/chocolate chip gelato home so that i can try it?

you'd be the best home teacher ever if you could hook that up. ;)

ok i'm off to run a race now. :) (that was a fake smile in case you were curious)

ps. we're going to have spelling class for home teaching when you get back.

Erica said...

wow. my dreams of italy are so far all true...lots of gelato. hmmmm. thanks for the updates!